The safety of your baby is paramount, especially when traveling or commuting by car. A rear-view baby car mirror allows you to control the little one while you are driving, without having to turn your head and pull your eyes off the road.
I know how difficult and dangerous it is to turn your head and check on your baby. For this reason, this guide aims to give you a better idea of the main features to check before choosing the right baby car mirror for your needs. However, if you don’t feel like reading, use the links below to jump to our selection of the best baby car mirrors.
|So Peep Baby Backseat Mirror for Car||$$$|
|Cozy Greens Baby Car Mirror for Back Seat||$$$|
|Sonilove Baby Car Mirror||$$|
|Lusso Gear Baby Backseat Mirror for Car||$$$$$|
|Baby & Mom Back Seat Baby Mirror||$$$$|
On the market, you’ll find several models of baby car mirrors. They vary according to the size, materials, and mounting system. Because of the different features, the car mirrors also vary widely according to the price.
To make sure that you’re getting the best deal, you should check that the model you like is easy to install, can be reclined and rotated, and can be adapted to any type of seat. In fact, you should search for maximum flexibility in terms of adjustability of the mirror, if you truly want it to be effective. Let’s see what characteristics to check.
- 1 How To Choose A Baby Car Mirror
- 2 Best Baby Car Mirror To Surveil Your Child
- 2.1 1. So Peep Baby Backseat Mirror for Car
- 2.2 2. Cozy Greens Baby Car Mirror for Back Seat
- 2.3 3. Sonilove Baby Car Mirror
- 2.4 4. Lusso Gear Baby Backseat Mirror for Car
- 2.5 5. Baby & Mom Back Seat Baby Mirror
- 3 Conclusion & Final Pick
How To Choose A Baby Car Mirror
Not all baby car mirrors can be positioned anywhere. In fact, we should make a distinction between those placed on the headrest of the rear seat and those attached to the rearview mirror of the car.
The first type should be placed on the headrest of the rear seat, in front of a child. They are ideal for infants and toddlers traveling in a rear-facing position. The main advantage of these car mirrors is that they are more stable and can be secured in place with straps.
The models designed to be installed on the rearview mirror of the vehicle are ideal if you want to surveil your child when seated in a forward-facing position. They are more versatile when it comes to adjusting the angle of view, but they are usually fixed to the vehicle’s mirror with a suction cup that can easily detach while you’re driving.
Obviously, choosing the right model for you depends on the age of your baby. Considering that most pediatricians recommend positioning the car seat in a rear-facing position for as long as possible, you’ll probably have to consider a headrest baby mirror until your toddler is old enough to stand in a car booster.
According to parents’ preferences, the headrest models are considered the best since they are more stable and easier to maintain in position compared to the rearview mirror ones. The size of the headrest mirrors, on the other hand, is larger since there is no risk they will obstruct the view while driving.
Talking about size, the dimension of the baby car mirror is very important. However, there are still some differences to notice between the rear seat headrest mirrors and the front baby car mirrors.
In the first case, size shouldn’t be a concern and you should choose a large and wide mirror that is easy to see through your vehicle’s rearview mirror without hassle. In the second case, the baby mirror should be large enough to allow you to see what’s going on easily, yet compact enough to prevent obstructing the view while driving.
Another thing to consider is the material the mirror is made of. Most baby car mirrors have plastic or rubber frames and some of them even have plastic mirrors, which are considered safer.
In fact, plastic mirrors will hardly break if they fall but the downside is that the images provided are not the best. On the other hand, glass mirrors provide crystal clear images but they are potentially harmful, especially when installed on the rear seat.
My suggestion is to invest in a durable and unbreakable baby car mirror to install on the rear of the vehicle. It is preferable to compromise the quality of the image rather than your baby’s safety. On the other hand, you can switch to a glass mirror as soon as the baby is old enough to travel in a forward-facing position.
In addition to the size and material, you should also check the adjustments of the mirror. The types of baby car mirrors vary depending on the angle of vision. Some of the best products have angles of vision that can be adjusted to 360°. This will allow you to watch your baby from any possible angle, which is great.
Moreover, regardless of the material of the mirror, you should also pay attention to the degree of distortion or reflexes. A distorted or unclear image might prevent you from seeing your baby clearly.
Ideally, the mirror should provide a full image of the baby’s body. A mirror with a wide angle effect is the best option in this case. Having a full image is essential as you’ll be able to check whether the baby is playing with something potentially harmful if he loosened the harness or any other details.
Best Baby Car Mirror To Surveil Your Child
1. So Peep Baby Backseat Mirror for Car
So Peep Baby Backseat Mirror for Car is a baby mirror engineered to provide crystal clear images of your baby for as long as he’s seated in a rear-facing position. The mirror is made of strong and durable materials, including anti-shatter glass, making it one of the safest products in this category.
In detail, the mirror is made of baby-safe shatterproof acrylic glass enclosed in a sturdy frame with smooth edges. The mirror will certainly give you peace of mind for the entire journey, while the strong double-strap system will keep the mirror firmly in place.Check Price on Amazon
Regarding the installation, it only requires seconds. The mirror doesn’t require any assembly whatsoever and it is ready to install on the headrest. The only drawback is that the product is not compatible with the seats with fixed headrest.
Another feature we like is the clarity of the image. Besides providing crystal clear views, the mirror is also adjustable to any desired angle. This guarantees that you’ll be able to check your baby at any time without hassle.
Things We Liked
- Materials: this baby car mirror is made of high-quality materials, including shatterproof glass that provides really clear images.
- Installation: the mirror is ready to use; you’ll not have to put any parts together and the installation requires less than 30 seconds.
- Lifetime guarantee: the manufacturer provides a lifetime no-questions-asked refund if you’re not fully satisfied with the product.
- Bonus: getting free ideas and tips on baby food recipes is always great, especially if this is your first child. With the mirror, you’ll also get a free digital copy of “Baby’s First Foods – A Practical Guide and 20 Nutritious Recipes”.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Although easy to install, the mirror doesn’t have a great stability while driving. It doesn’t fall but will need additional fitting if you don’t want it to shake.
2. Cozy Greens Baby Car Mirror for Back Seat
Cozy Greens Baby Car Mirror for Back Seat is another excellent baby car mirror to consider. Suitable for newborns, infants, and toddlers seated in a rear-facing car seat, this mirror is crash tested and safe to use in all circumstances.
In fact, the mirror has been officially tested for crashes at a speed of 45 mph, according to the European standard. This is a stricter standard compared to the federal one, meaning that you can have peace of mind while driving.Check Price on Amazon
The product boasts a lightweight yet sturdy structure and a surface made of shatterproof glass. The angle of view is adjustable thanks to the pivoting mechanism, while the installation is as simple as pie.
The mirror comes fully assembled, meaning that you’ll only have to take it out of the box and place it on the headrest in front of your child. The mirror attaches to the headrest through a system of straps provided with an adjustable buckle closure.
Things We Liked
- Clear view: the mirror features a Crystal Clear Convex Shaped™ mirror surface that will allow you to see the child from head to toe and from any angle.
- Lifetime warranty: the product comes with a lifetime full factory warranty, meaning that the manufacturer will provide a replacement or refund at any time, no questions asked.
- Crash tested: the mirror is officially crash tested and safe to use. This feature will most likely give you more peace of mind.
- Bonuses: the product comes with a cleaning cloth and a first aid kit, two useful bonuses to have during your journey.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Because the mirror is fixed on a pivoting system, it is easy to move when placing the baby in the car. You will have to constantly adjust the angle of view.
3. Sonilove Baby Car Mirror
Sonilove Baby Car Mirror is an easy-to-fit mirror that installs in seconds to the headrest of the rear seat and rotates to provide a clear view of your baby from head to toe. To achieve this, the mirror is fixed on a pivoting head with a 360° angle of view adjustment.
The mirror is also equipped with a wide angle convex lens. This increases the angle of view considerably and provides a full sight of your little one and his surroundings.Check Price on Amazon
Another feature we like is the fact that the mirror is compatible with almost all types of cars. In fact, the product attaches to almost all headrests of cars, SUVs, trucks, vans, and more.
We should also mention the 100% safe design. In fact, the mirror is made of 100% shatterproof acrylic safety glass and it is enclosed in a sturdy ABS frame with rounded edges. Thanks to these characteristics, the mirror provides peace of mind to all parents.
Things We Liked
- Pivoting head: this mirror is installed on a pivoting head with a 360° adjustability. You can adjust and change the angle of view in seconds, every time you need.
- Convex mirror: getting a full view of your baby is not always easy. Thanks to the convex, wide-angle acrylic safety glass mirror, this is possible in the case of Sonilove.
- Installation: the mirror is provided with two sturdy straps made of nylon which are adjustable and secured with buckle closures. It installs to the headrest in seconds.
- Lifetime guarantee: the manufacturer offers a full refund or replacement at any time if you’re not satisfied with the quality of this product.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The mirror itself is great but it is hard to find the right position if you want to acquire a full image of your baby.
4. Lusso Gear Baby Backseat Mirror for Car
Lusso Gear claims that their Baby Backseat Mirror for Car is one of the bests on the market, and the opinion of many parents confirm their claim. This backseat baby car mirror boasts a really wide angle of view and a superior construction designed to give all parents peace of mind.
The baby car mirror is made of high-quality materials, including shatterproof glass and a sturdy frame with no sharp edges.Check Price on Amazon
Regarding the ease of use, the mirror can be installed in seconds thanks to the easy to use strap system. Moreover, the adjustable angle of view provides clear images of your baby, even if the car seat is positioned in the middle of the backseat.
The mirror is not compatible with fixed headrests. Other than that, this is a truly great product to consider if you’re looking for the perfect baby car mirror.
Things We Liked
- Quick installation: thanks to the convenient strap system, the installation only requires seconds. The mirror is also easy to adjust.
- Secure mount system: unlike similar products, this mirror doesn’t require constant readjusting of the position, thanks to the secure mount system that keeps it in place.
- Panoramic view: having a full view of your baby is essential to guarantee his safety. Thanks to the wide mirror, you’ll have a panoramic view of your little one at all times.
- Colors: the mirror is available in two color choices. The frame can be either black or gray, depending on your preferences.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The only downside of this mirror is that it scratches easily.
5. Baby & Mom Back Seat Baby Mirror
Last but not least, a baby car mirror that impressed us is the Baby & Mom Back Seat Baby Mirror. Similar to the mirrors described above, this one if a backseat mirror designed for babies who are seated in a rear-facing position.
The mirror is made of shatterproof glass and it boasts a wide convex angle that provides full sights of your baby in all situations. The mirror also comes fully assembled and fixed on an unbreakable pivot attachment that keeps it in place once adjusted.Check Price on Amazon
Talking about adjustments, this baby car mirror boasts a 360° adjustability. The pivoting attachment is easy to maneuver at all angles and it can even provide clear images of your baby when positioned in the middle of the backseat.
The product is backed up by a hassle-free money-back guarantee. You can return the product at any time and claim a replacement or full refund.
Things We Liked
- Wide angle: having a full sight of your baby is crucial for his safety. This mirror provides exactly this, thanks to the wide angle of the convex mirror.
- Adjustability: thanks to the 360° pivoting attachment it is easy to adjust the angle of view to receive the best sights.
- Shatterproof: the mirror is made of shatterproof glass enclosed in a baby-safe frame with rounded edges.
- Guarantee: a thing we like is the no-questions-asked guarantee that entitles you to a full refund or replacement if you received a faulty product.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The mirror easily changes the angle of view if you’re riding on bumpy roads. This is a big minus.
Conclusion & Final Pick
There are numerous baby car mirrors on the market that can represent a great choice in terms of performance and reliability. Nevertheless, the Cozy Greens Baby Car Mirror for Back Seat is the one we consider the best.
This baby car mirror is very similar to the others we described, but it has a few features that make the difference.
The first and foremost important is the official crash test of the product, that guarantees that the product is safe to use in all circumstances. On the other hand, the mirror is easy to install, it comes fully assembled and it provides a really wide field of view.
This means that you can have peace of mind and surveil your baby from head to toe at all times.
Another feature we like is the presence of two very useful bonuses, a cleaning cloth, and a first aid kit. Moreover, a part of the company’s profits goes to charity. These are more than enough reasons to make us claim that this baby car mirror is one of the best you can find.