Baby Jogger is a brand renowned for their innovative strollers. Designed with active parents in mind, their products are compact, lightweight, and easy to navigate with. Thanks to their success, the name was adopted by other brands, who now propose a wide range of jogging strollers.
But what if you want an original Baby Jogger? Read on to find out its advantages, or check out our top picks below.
|Baby Jogger City Mini 3W Single Stroller||$$|
|Baby Jogger City Tour Stroller||$|
|Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller||$$$$$|
|Baby Jogger Summit X3 Single Jogging Stroller||$$$|
|Baby Jogger City Select LUX||$$$$|
Even though today’s market is full of jogging strollers, Baby Jogger often outperforms the competition. Defining them in one word is not easy, but that word would probably be practicality. Combining essential features with a compact and highly maneuverable design, their products are dedicated to city parents leading a busy and active life.
Yet, when it comes to actually choosing the best stroller for your baby, why choose Baby Jogger? Let’s find it out.
- 1 Why Baby Jogger?
- 2 Baby Jogger Stroller Range
- 3 How To Choose The Right Baby Jogger
- 4 Best Baby Jogger For You
- 4.1 1. Baby Jogger City Mini 3W Single Stroller
- 4.2 2. Baby Jogger City Tour Stroller
- 4.3 3. Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller
- 4.4 4. Baby Jogger Summit X3 Single Jogging Stroller
- 4.5 5. Baby Jogger City Select LUX
- 5 Conclusion & Final Pick
Why Baby Jogger?
Jogging strollers are defined by a sporty design; they are lightweight and easy to handle in every day’s hustle and bustle. While all jogging strollers are manufactured following the same principles, Baby Jogger sets itself apart. Why? It was the first to be invented.
Baby Jogger was born in 1984 to fill a clear gap in the market. Phil Baechler, the inventor of the stroller and founder of the company, was a new parent at the time looking for a stroller that would allow him to enjoy his favorite sport, running, while spending quality time with his son.
With a background in journalism, Phil didn’t think about dynamics and engineering, he thought about practicality, transforming a stroller into a jogger by adding bicycle wheels to a standard baby carriage and by reducing the number of wheels from four to three.
Two years later, the manufacturer invented the double baby jogger, a model that revolutionized the way parents of multiple children enjoyed leisure time.
Over the years, the company kept up with the market trends and used its innovation skills to adapt the strollers to the new needs of modern parents. It’s safe to say that Baby Jogger has always been a leader and an innovator, building city and sports strollers designed to impress.
And that’s more than a good enough reason to invest in such a product if you want to keep up with your busy lifestyle.
Baby Jogger Stroller Range
From the first three-wheels jogger to today’s range have passed over 30 years. In all this time, the brand extended its range of strollers to address all needs of the modern parents.
As its name suggests, this stroller is designed for busy “city” parents. It is compact, lightweight, easy to fold, easy to store, and it fits in the trunk of a small car. Despite its tiny dimensions, the stroller is comfy for the baby and, above all, it’s safe.
City Mini has storage space, three wheels, and all-terrain tires that ensure an easy navigation on the crowded streets. The stroller is compatible with travel system accessories and the range includes the strollers City Mini and City Mini GT, none of which is designed for jogging.
Designed for wanderers and travelers, City Premier is a compact and fully flexible stroller equipped with a reversible seat and sturdy, durable wheels. The product is compatible with car seat attachments and other accessories, which make the Premier a great addition to a travel system.
This product is designed for parents who like to stroll around cities and is comfortable for both little and big humans. With an easy customization, you’ll be able to equip this accessory in any way you like.
City Double is similar to City Mini, but it’s designed for two kids. Either for baby and toddler or for twins, this stroller is compact and lightweight. It seats two yet it still fits through most doorways.
The stroller is equipped with all-terrain wheels for an easy navigation on all terrains.
This is one of the most versatile Baby Jogger strollers. It converts in a travel system, in a double stroller, and even in a triple with the glider board. Thanks to the multiple configurations and compact footprint, this stroller is the favorite of many parents.
A version of City Select is City Select Lux which offers over 20 riding options, converts from single to double, and folds 30% smaller than the traditional version.
City Tour is the travel stroller per excellence. It weighs only 14lbs, it folds super compactly and it even meets the carry-on requirements of most airlines.
Again, you’ll get to choose between the standard City Tour and City Tour Lux which is easy to fold with one hand, has 5 riding options and is suitable to use since birth.
City Summit X3
City Summit X3 is that one stroller that preserved the characteristics of the original Baby Jogger. In fact, this is a hybrid jogging stroller equipped with air-filled tires, full wheel suspensions, and a locking front wheel. Just like all other strollers by the manufacturer, this one is designed with busy parents in mind and is easy to maneuver in crowded areas.
How To Choose The Right Baby Jogger
Baby Jogger strollers might be similar, but they are not identical. When choosing one, consider your lifestyle, your family plans, and the comfort of the little one.
All Baby Jogger strollers have compact designs; they fit through most doorways, are easy to fold and store, and almost all of them fit in the trunk of a small city car. But when choosing the design, consider your family plans.
Is this the first baby and you’re planning on giving him or her a sibling in the near future? If yes, investing in a single to double unit might save you money in the long run.
Storage space is another thing to consider. If you’re a shopaholic mom, City Premier offers a large storage basket and versatile riding options. If you want to go jogging with the baby, City Summit might be your best bet. And City Tour is probably the perfect travel stroller.
Most Baby Jogger strollers come with all-terrain wheels which allow you to stroll almost anywhere. Yet, if you like hiking on trails, you might want to invest in a stroller with air-filled tires. These absorb the shocks better, which means smoother rides.
Would you like a stroller that goes from single to double or triple? Would you like a reversible seat? Or a product that transforms into a travel system? Baby Jogger has them all.
Among the features, check how easy it is to fold the stroller, how compactly it collapses, and whether it comes with at least two cup holders, one for you and one for baby.
Baby Jogger manufactures a range of accessories compatible with its strollers. These vary from glider boards to parent consoles, second seat kits, and more.
To determine which accessories you might need, once again consider your lifestyle and future plans.
Best Baby Jogger For You
1. Baby Jogger City Mini 3W Single Stroller
Baby Jogger City Mini is defined as the essence of urban mobility, and there is a reason for it. The stroller is compact, lightweight, and comfortable for both parents and baby. The unit is designed to fold up quickly, it has a seat with multiple recline positions and three sturdy wheels which make it easy to navigate in crowded areas.
Baby’s comfort is ensured by a padded seat that reclines to an almost flat position. This makes the stroller perfect for playtime and naptime. A retractable UV 50+ canopy protects the little one from the harmful sun rays or rain, and two peek-a-boo windows on the canopy will let you check on your little man.Check Price on Amazon
Safety is ensured by a 5-point padded safety harness, while convenience is given by 8-inch EVO tires and lockable front wheel. This makes navigating through the city a breeze. Moreover, the stroller has a storage space under the seat.
City Mini is compatible with a wide range of accessories, including a car seat adaptor, which transforms it into a convenient travel system. Without a doubt, a great investment that will save you a lot in the long run.
Things We Liked
- Seat: comfortable for the baby, the stroller’s seat features multiple recline positions and can bear weights up to 50lbs.
- Canopy: the UV 50+ sun canopy can be adjusted at different heights and three positions, it has two peek-a-boo windows and protects from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Collapsible: the stroller is easy to fold with just one hand thanks to the patented Quick-Fold technology. Unfolding it is also a breeze.
- Wheels: designed for urban convenience, City Mini boasts three 8-inch EVA tire tread wheels, with lockable front swivel wheel and front wheel suspension.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The storage space is small; you might not be able to fit a grocery bag down there.
2. Baby Jogger City Tour Stroller
Baby Jogger City Tour is a compact portable stroller designed for traveling parents. It has tiny dimensions yet it fits a baby comfortably, it folds compactly and has standard carry-on dimensions, and it weighs only 14.21lbs. This “ultimate travel companion” has a seat weight capacity of 45lbs, fitting most babies and toddlers. it is compatible with some accessories and it comes with an under seat basket and other amazing features.Check Price on Amazon
Baby comfort is ensured by a spacious multi-position recline seat that boasts a near-flat recline. The seat comes with a removable UV 50+ canopy with canopy extension and peek-a-boo window. Moreover, the seat is padded and provided with a padded 5-point safety harness.
For traveling convenience, the stroller comes with a backpack-style carry bag, it folds quickly with just one hand, and has an auto-lock feature that locks the fold for transportation and storage.
Things We Liked
- Lightweight: this stroller is perfect for traveling. It weighs less than 15lbs, it folds compactly and can be transported in a backpack carry bag.
- Add-on accessories: City Tour is compatible with multiple accessories, such as a parent console, car seat base, and other add-ons.
- Multi-position recline: the seat will let your little one enjoy the landscape or take a nap. It reclines almost completely flat for a comfy rest.
- Choice: the stroller is available in five colors. They are all rather dark colors which are hard to stain, yet you can match them with your baby’s gender or your preference.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The padding is somehow slippery and the backrest is not very high.
3. Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller
Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller delivers the convenience of a single stroller in a product that seats two, or even three, kids. This versatile tandem stroller has multiple configurations, it is compatible with travel system accessories and is easy to switch from double to single or triple.
In this version, the single Baby Jogger City Select comes with a second seat kit, making it a versatile option. The unit is a perfect infant and toddler double stroller and, by fitting a glider board, it can even accommodate the older sibling.Check Price on Amazon
The product has over 16 different combinations and it matches with double tiered car seats, bassinets and other accessories that are sold separately. Each seat holds up to 45lbs, and the system is easy to fold compactly for storage and transport.
Similar to the other strollers, this one has a comfy seat provided with a 5-point safety harness, a large and adjustable canopy, storage basket under the seat and is compatible with parent consoles and other convenient add-ons.
Things We Liked
- Maneuverability: the greatest feature of the City Select Double Stroller is the compact footprint which ensures an incredible maneuverability.
- Convenience: the stroller has 16 possible configurations and is compatible with car seats, bassinets, and other accessories.
- Lightweight: keeping the same size of the single City Select, this stroller is lightweight, easy to fold, and easy to transport.
- Colors: the product comes in 11 colors. All paddings are stain-resistant for more peace of mind.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Although versatile, the car seat adaptor is not compatible with all car seats. Check compatibility before buying.
4. Baby Jogger Summit X3 Single Jogging Stroller
If you’re looking specifically for a jogging stroller, Baby Jogger Summit X3 might be the best on the market. This product is designed specifically for active parents, it comes with three sturdy wheels, the air-filled tires ensure stability on all terrains and the seat is very comfy for baby.
This hybrid stroller is designed to offer maximum convenience in all situations. It is compact enough to double as a city stroller, it is lightweight and folds up compactly, being perfect for travel. The patented Quick-Fold technology lets you fold the stroller with just one hand and unfold it in seconds.Check Price on Amazon
The seat is spacious and sturdy. It can hold up to 75lbs, the weight that corresponds to a full grown-up kid, and it’s provided with a 5-point safety harness. A full-size canopy protects the baby from rain or UV rays and provides comfortable shade if the little one falls asleep.
For jogging but also for easy navigating through crowds, the stroller is equipped with 3 sturdy wheels, two 16-inch rear wheels and one 12-inch front wheel. All of them are equipped with air-filled tires and suspensions, while the front wheel is easy to lock or switch to swivel.
Things We Liked
- Remote locking wheel: the front wheel is easy to lock from a button mounted on the handlebar. This allows a quick and smooth transitioning between modes.
- Canopy: the canopy is large, adjustable, and provided with a convenient peek-a-boo window. But what we really like are the side air vents that keep the baby cool.
- All-terrain: full wheel suspensions and air-filled tires absorb all shocks and provide smooth rides on bumpy roads.
- Hybrid: this stroller is the perfect combination of a jogging stroller and a city stroller. It is lightweight, easy to maneuver, and compact.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The storage basket is spacious but hard to access.
5. Baby Jogger City Select LUX
City Select LUX is probably the most convenient city stroller by Baby Jogger. The stroller is similar to the first version of City Select but better. It’s smaller yet it boasts over 20 seating configurations, it switches from single to double or triple and makes a good investment if you’re planning to grow your family in the near future.
Although smaller than the first City Select, the LUX version is still comfortable for the baby. In fact, the seat has a great size, it can accommodate babies up to 45lbs and comes with a padded 5-point safety harness and in five colors.Check Price on Amazon
The stroller also folds 30% compacter that the City Select, and it automatically locks when folded. That makes it easy to carry it. On the downside, the product is hard, if not impossible, to fold with just one hand. This cuts a little on convenience.
This minor flaw is counterbalanced by the convenient all-wheel suspensions and the decelerating handbrake. These features allow you to stroll on all terrains; the baby will sit comfortably and enjoy smooth rides no matter where you go.
Things We Liked
- Size: this stroller is 30% smaller than the City Select, which means easier to maneuver in crowded spaces.
- Versatility: with over 20 seating configurations, this is one of the most versatile city strollers on the market.
- Accessories: this product is compatible with a wide range of accessories, from second seats to glider boards, parent consoles and more.
- Suspensions: the all-wheel suspensions and decelerating hand brake ensure smooth and safe rides on all terrains.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The stroller is hard to fold with just one hand.
Conclusion & Final Pick
Given that we live in a busy world, investing in a stroller that allows you to navigate the streets of your city with ease is probably the best thing to do. And we believe that Baby Jogger City Mini is perfect for this purpose.
The stroller is compact and lightweight, can hold a baby up to 50lbs, it comes with a comfortable seat and a 5-point safety harness, a large canopy with peek-a-boo windows, and is compatible with a wide range of accessories.
Folding compactly with one hand and locking in place when folded, the stroller is also easy to store and transport. Moreover, the front swivel wheel is easy to block in place for strolls on smooth surfaces. The unit also has a decent storage space under the seat, although it is quite hard to access it.
Nevertheless, the unit is lightweight, compact, highly maneuverable and more than affordable. Qualities that define Baby Jogger’s essence of urban mobility.