There are many people who, before having a child, would never have thought “I’d like to wear a huge bag with teddy bears printed on it”. And then, when it comes to choosing a diaper bag, these people choose a bag decorated with cartoon characters or children themes. If you really, but really, want to wear that kind of diaper bag, who are we to stop you? However, if you would like a bag that reflects your personal style, know that on the market, there are available hundreds of models designed to meet all the needs and fashion tastes.
|KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack||$$$|
|YuHan Baby Diaper Bag Travel Backpack||$$$$|
|Baby Lightweight Backpack Diaper Bag||$$$$|
|Waterproof Travel Diaper Backpack||$|
|Wallaroo Diaper Bag Backpack||$$|
But before finding out what kind of diaper bags you could purchase, you should first think if you want to share the diaper bag with your partner. A bag meant to be used by both of you may not truly reflect your personal style, but the bright side is that you will only have to pack the necessary things once. If you want to share, you will need to opt for a bag that suits both your needs, and probably the best solution would be a backpack diaper bag.
Having in mind the necessity of sharing the diaper bag, we put up a list of the best backpack diaper bags, but before revealing it, we are going to show you what other diaper bag options are available on the market. In this way, you will be able to decide if you really want to share the backpack diaper bag or purchase it only for the dad.
- 1 Diaper Bag Categories
- 2 How To Choose A Backpack Diaper Bag
- 3 Five Best Backpack Diaper Bags
- 3.1 1. KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack
- 3.2 2. YuHan Baby Diaper Bag Travel Backpack
- 3.3 3. Baby Lightweight Backpack Diaper Bag
- 3.4 4. Waterproof Travel Diaper Backpack
- 3.5 5. Wallaroo Diaper Bag Backpack
- 4 Conclusion & Final Pick
Diaper Bag Categories
The main thing that differentiates the diaper bags, in addition to the size, is the style. Almost all the possible choices can be grouped into five categories.
1. Tote Diaper Bags
Tote bags are probably the most commonly used diaper bags, most of them having both short tote handles and shoulder straps. The simplest versions are very similar to the common purses with one compartment. However, the manufacturers now produce more evolved versions of these bags, with many pockets and compartments and with larger storage spaces.
2. Messenger Diaper Bags
Probably the favorite diaper bags among the cosmopolite fathers, the messenger diaper bags represent an excellent solution for carrying all the necessary baby items without being noticed. The messenger bags are also great alternatives to the backpack diaper bags if you want to share your bag with the partner.
3. Backpack Diaper Bags
Backpack diaper bags are not only unisex but also the most comfortable choice, as they are easier to carry and leave your hands free. The large straps distribute the weight more evenly, while the storage space is also larger. While it is possible to convert a regular backpack into a diaper bag, it is not recommended to do so. A backpack designed to be used as a diaper bag will have the pockets and compartments designed according to specific characteristics, such as insulated compartments for food or wipe pockets.
4. Fashionable Handbag Diaper Bags
These diaper bags are designed especially for the fashionistas who prefer to have a wide choice when it comes to the diaper bag. This category includes the most varied shapes, sizes, and materials, from fine leather to silk brocade. In this category are also included the designer diaper bags, although in many cases a bag from the other categories will be more suitable for its purpose.
5. Sling Diaper Bags
A slimmer version of the backpack, the sling has a single strap that is crossed over one shoulder and on the chest. The weight is distributed more evenly compared with the tote bags, messenger bags or fashionable handbags, but not as evenly as in the case of a regular backpack.So if you’re looking for comfort or for sharing the diaper bag with your partner, you should probably choose a backpack diaper bag. Now let’s see how to choose the best backpack diaper bag.
How To Choose A Backpack Diaper Bag
The secret of choosing a backpack diaper bag is looking for the comfort. Pay attention to pick a diaper bag that is padded and has adjustable straps. The adjustability is an important characteristic especially if you plan to share it with a taller partner. The padding will prevent the bag to slide and it will make it more comfortable to wear.
Another characteristic to pay attention to is the material. It is very likely that the diaper bag will get dirty often, so you should choose a backpack that is easy to clean. You should choose a bag made of water resistant and stain repellent material. Ideally, you should not need more than a damp cloth or wet wipe to clean the diaper bag. While there are many backpack diaper bags manufactured in the most various materials, maybe the best solution is to choose a bag made of fabric. You could choose a vinyl or leather backpack as well, but those materials could be unpleasant to wear in the hot summer months.
To make sure you have the best backpack diaper bag, choose one that offers easy access to the contents. In fact, you should avoid complicated closures no matter what kind of diaper bag you will buy. A common mistake is to think that Velcro closures are the best solution. It is true that these closures are incredibly easy to open, but they make noise when opening or closing, a thing you would not want if the baby is asleep. The best thing is to choose a bag with large zipper closures or with magnetic closures, although magnetic closures are not really secure.
Another thing you will definitely want in your diaper bag is a thermally insulated bottle holder or compartment, in order to keep the baby food at the right temperature during your strolls. If the diaper bag comes with a matching changing pad is even better, as you will always need a clean and comfortable area where to change your little one.
Last, but not least, pay attention to buy a diaper bag that is compatible with the stroller. Even if a backpack is more comfortable to carry than any other category, there will be moments when you will feel tired or when the backpack is too overloaded and heavy to carry. For this reason, it is advisable to purchase a backpack diaper bag provided with stroller hooks.
We know how hard it can be to find the right diaper bag, and for this reason, we put up a list of the most popular backpack diaper bags available on the market. We have also chosen the best backpack diaper bag that will probably meet all your needs. Let’s have a look at it!
Five Best Backpack Diaper Bags
1. KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack
This fantastic diaper bag backpack by KiddyCare is the proof that backpack diaper bags are a million times better than the traditional tote or messenger bags. Manufactured in fabric and available in four attractive colors, this product is ideal for both mom and dad.
Bringing unparalleled convenience, the product comes with three insulated pockets and 12 additional pockets, a large main compartment, and a button that can lock both handles to hand the bag on the stroller.Check Price on Amazon
Stylish and durable, the diaper backpack is made of high-quality cloth fabric that resists intense wear and tear. Easy to carry, the product features padded shoulder straps and a padded mesh back that ensures breathability.
Guaranteed for a lifetime, the backpack is fashionable and functional. It is an ideal diaper bag but the stylish design makes it perfect to use for years after the baby has outgrown the diaper stage.
Things We Liked
- Comfort: the diaper bag features a padded back support and shoulder straps that distribute the weight evenly. The bag is very comfortable to wear.
- Adjustability: the back straps are adjustable to fit people of all sizes. Thanks to a wide fit, the product can be worn by adults and teens.
- Smart organization: the backpack has a spacious main compartment and 15 pockets that ensure an easy organization of the bag.
- Warranty: the backpack comes with a lifetime warranty; if you’re not happy with the product’s features or quality, just ask for a replacement or refund.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Although spacious, the diaper backpack is smaller than expected.
2. YuHan Baby Diaper Bag Travel Backpack
A convenient backpack diaper bag with a large capacity and very lightweight is this Travel Backpack Diaper Bag from YuHan. The bag is manufactured in waterproof nylon, being very easy to clean. This backpack also boasts many internal and external compartments, four of which are insulated bottle holders.
The bag also comes with stroller straps and a changing pad, which is however rather short and suitable only for newborn babies. The main compartment is very spacious, and the backpack also has a second large compartment placed in front of the main compartment. An internal zipper pocket is ideal for the storage of essentials such as keys and wallet.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Waterproof pockets: the bag presents an external waterproof pocket in front of the bag and a hidden waterproof pocket on the bottom of the bag where can be stored small essentials or wet towels.
- Various color choices: the bag is manufactured in four colors, so you will be able to choose your favorite one.
- Large wipes container pocket: on one side of the bag is present a large wipes container pocket closed with a magnetic flap.
- Pacifier pouch: this bag has an especially designed pacifier pouch placed in a pocket on the front of the bag.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Even if this bag is amazing in terms of organization and pockets, the materials used to manufacture it are not of high-quality and may tear after a short period of time.
3. Baby Lightweight Backpack Diaper Bag
An extremely spacious backpack diaper bag made of high-quality polyester is this 16 Pockets Travel Backpack from Sleeping Lamb. The bag is manufactured in black polyester, being suitable for both moms and dads, but you can also choose another color from the available selection. The interior is made in a light beige fabric, so it will be very easy to spot all the items inside the bag.
When it comes to storage space and organization, this bag boasts sixteen pockets, including four insulated bottle holders, a pacifier pocket, and two waterproof pockets for wet items. For your comfort, the back support is made of a breathable mesh and the shoulder stripes are padded.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Included changing pad: this diaper backpack comes with an included changing pad.
- Stroller hooks: the backpack is provided with stroller hooks, so you can simply hang it on the stroller if the bag is too heavy.
- Large main compartment: the main compartment of this diaper backpack is extremely large, the bag being suitable even for twins or for multiple children.
- Wipes container: one of the external pockets of the bag is designed as a convenient wipes container.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Even if the bag is very spacious and convenient, some users feel that it is not sturdy enough. Probably the manufacturer should improve the overall quality.
4. Waterproof Travel Diaper Backpack
Stylish and functional, this diaper backpack from Cateep is designed to meet the needs of both baby and parents. The backpack is provided with sixteen pockets and can easily accommodate, in addition to all the baby’s items, a notebook or other stuff parents may need.
In fact, this backpack is designed with a very large main compartment divided into two mesh pockets and a notebook pocket. In addition, it also boasts four insulated bottle holders, three on the inside and one external pocket that ensures easy access to the baby food. Another fantastic characteristic of this diaper backpack is the waterproof pockets, where can be stored baby towels, wet umbrellas or dirty diapers.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Well divided compartments: this diaper backpack is extremely well compartmented so you will be able to properly organize all the necessary items.
- Stylish: the design of this backpack is very nice and it also comes in two color choices: black or dark blue, both with gray polka dots.
- Comfortable to wear: the stripes of the backpack are padded, while the back is both padded and breathable, providing an ultimate comfort when wearing it.
- Easy to clean: made of 100% polyester, this backpack is extremely easy to clean with a wipe or cloth.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Although the backpack is one of the most functional diaper backpacks available on the market, it lacks an “easy access” pocket for the small items such as phone and keys. You will have to store those items inside the internal zipper pocket.
5. Wallaroo Diaper Bag Backpack
Functional and fashionable, this diaper bag backpack is designed to make your life easier. It has compact dimension, yet an incredible capacity, in addition to many pockets and compartments. This diaper bag has two insulated pockets ideal for baby bottles or snacks and an external zipper pocket designed for the small items, such as the mobile phone.
Inside, in addition to a spacious main compartment, the bag also boasts elasticized storage pockets and a large pocket designed for the changing pad. The pocket can easily accommodate a notebook too.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Easy access pocket: if you want to keep your keys, wallet or mobile phone within easy access, this diaper backpack boasts an easy-access external pocket secured with zipper.
- Useful accessories: in addition to a fairly large changing pad, the bag also comes with a wet bag ideal for the storage of dirty diapers.
- One-year free replacement warranty: if the backpack gets damaged due to manufacture failure, the company will replace it immediately.
- Water resistant fabric: this diaper backpack is manufactured in water resistant quilted nylon fabric, being both convenient and stylish.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Despite being very fashionable, this backpack looks more like a lady bag. Probably men will not feel that this is a suitable bag for them to carry.
Conclusion & Final Pick
In our opinion, the best backpack diaper bag is KiddyCare. Coming in four attractive colors and made of high-quality materials, this backpack is roomy and has enough pockets to keep organized all baby essentials.
Padded shoulder straps and a breathable back panel ensure comfort during use. Even when loaded at full capacity, the bag is easy to carry.
Easy to hang on the stroller and stylish enough to use in all situations, this backpack is preferred by both moms and dads. Fashionable, convenient, and versatile, this is an exceptional backpack diaper bag to consider.